Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Why won't she give it up?!?

This is my question today. I am watching a TV show, a simple family comedy, pretty much like all the others. The wife/mother is in bed with her husband and he is making advances, trying to let her know that he wants sex. She is upset because he never tells their oldest son that he loves him. He tells her of course he loves their son, etc. Blah blah blah. So then she wants him to tell HER he loves HER out loud. He does. So she says "Good, now say it to our son. No sex for you until you do."

WTF is this about? Why are all wives on TV shows or even movies so frigid? Is this really what happens when you get married? I sure as hell hope not. I don't want to be that woman!

I like sex. Wait, I LOVE sex. It doesn't even have to be the best sex. Mediocre sex is fine in my book. The fact that the man I have in my bed wants me, in my opinion, is something I wouldn't snub my nose at. Hell, the fact that I have a man in my bed AT ALL would make me happy! :)

Okay, I admit I haven't "gotten any" in, well, over a year now (yikes!). So is that why I feel the way I do? I have to say no. As far as I can remember, I have always been this way. I don't think I can remember the last time I turned a boyfriend down. And if I did, I must have been really ill. Yes there are times when couples fight, and the guy seems to always get over it faster than the girl, and in that case, I may turn down sex until I can get things worked out. But really? Am I the only one like that?

Now I am not saying that I don't turn ANYONE down. I don't sleep with everyone that asks, not that I have a list of men asking (ha ha) but you know what I mean. I am talking about when you are in a relationship, or at least with someone that you sleep with regularly.

But why does television tend to create female characters that think and act as if they rule the house (including the bedroom)? I am ALL for women being treated equally (in most cases) and I'm not in favor of the man controlling everthing. But, I think the man should be the head of the household. And I tend to think that men are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to their characters on TV anyway.

I have never been married. So maybe I shouldn't be stating an opinion on how marriage should be, but I hope that if I do ever get married that it can be a partnership. And I don't plan (nor should ANY woman) to use sex to get my way. It's wrong.

Am I alone on this?

3 comments:

dan said...

a lot of shows like that tell you a lot about the screenwriters lives. they never get sex so think everybody else must be the same

jyny said...

I think that's pretty sad! :(

Johnny5 said...

I'm probably thinking far too much into this whole thing, but I think the reason that they portray women in that light is simply a matter of ratings. The majority of viewers for the average sitcom based on a family situation is going to be females of all ages. Women, or anyone for that matter do not want to sit there and watch something that portrays them as subservient.

Also a lot of households actually seem to survive with this mentality in society today. At least, most of my friends' relationships do.

I've never been like that, I'm not good enough in the sack to care about getting some on a regular basis, so if a girl I'm dating wants to pull the "I'm not giving you any." card, I'm just like, whatever. Go nuts.

Another generalization here is that most women who view sex in the manner of a tool to get what they want are ones that are either A: not very good at it or B: too pompous about the whole process to allow someone as timid as myself to be comfortable with it. So in either of these scenarious its like, "Guess what beach, I got someone better then you and shes my 'right hand' man."

:D

Sorry for the vulgarity, yeah.