Tuesday, April 04, 2006

So I thought this template had a place to make a title...but it doesn't.

I just wrote three huge paragraphs, but then read them and decided it was a bunch of crap, and quickly erased them. So here I am with a blank page again.

What do I write about? I started this new blog so I could have a blog free from all the shit from last year. Yet here I sit thinking of all the shit from last year. And now I'm writing about it. I guess because it will have been a year since it all happened on the 8th. And his birthday was the 2nd. I am proud of myself though, because although it was hard, I did not email him to say happy birthday.

Speaking of birthdays, I turned the wretched 3-0 on the 21st last month. It was a horrible experience. I don't recommend it to anyone. The entire weekend before, St Patricks day weekend, I was horribly depressed. On a weekend that was made for drinking and fun, I was feeling sorry for myself and crying. Yes I had several good moments, but I just couldn't get that feeling of self pity out of my mind. Alcohol helped quite a bit, but I didn't drink enough to forget the looming birthday that was approaching.

I'm not sure if it was an effort to try to stay in my 20's or just some other form of pain I was craving, but I decided that I HAD to get another tattoo for my birthday. My roommate's friends and I all decided this was what we were going to do on that Sunday. My roommate and her friends all got the same tattoos, different colors, different places. Music notes. I decided on something that would represent 30. Since I love Celtic design, I decided on a design that is much like a trinity knot. High on my back between my shoulder blades. I loved it. It took about 10 minutes to get used to the feeling, but then my body adjusted and I remember why I love getting tatts. It's a pain for sure, but an addicting pain. A bittersweet pain that can take you away from whatever might be troubling you. I'm happy with it. And of course, I am craving more now. But anyone who has gotten a tattoo knows what I am talking about. Once you have your first one and realize it doesn't really hurt, you promptly want to do it again. I'm going to restrain myself though. After all, I AM 30 now...

I think I feel another damned migraine coming on. It tends to happen when the weather changes. I don't have pain, but have that nautious feeling in my stomach and the purple and yellow auras. Great. I have to remember to call my doctor so she can rx me some Migrinal.

So this post is complete crap. Sorry about that. Wasting your time (if you've even read this far). It WILL get better I promise. I just have to get back into the swing of Blogging again. More exciting things HAVE to start happening. I promised myself that The Year Of 30 will be full of fun and doing things I don't take the time out to do. A trip to Vegas is coming up in May and a road trip in June. So at least I know there will be something to write about in the next few months. :)

Stay tuned, there just might be another post coming along soon....

2 comments:

dan said...

you haven't wasted my time at all.

;-)

jyny said...

martini-
i can't wait for the trips! :)

dan-
you're so sweet :)