Thursday, April 06, 2006

Okay, so nothing very interesting has happened yet. Sorry about that.

Let's see...oh yeah, the migraine came as I predicted (too bad the "auras" can't predict the lottery numbers), started when I got home from work and then woke me up at 1 in the morning like a fucking vice on my brain. Then I took way too much medicine and I over slept, making me late for work. Oh well, at least it hasn't come back yet (knock on wood).

Shit, I literally have nothing to talk about. Damn.

Oh, for some reason smoking has become nasty to me lately. I still crave it (though not as much as I used to) so I light up, take a drag, and bleh. It tastes like shit. I'm glad, but it's frustrating at the same time. I guess it's my body's way of saying "Hello, you are a grown up now. It's no longer cool to smoke. STOP IT!!!"

So I guess I should listen. I don't want to start getting wrinkles and shit. I've been smoking for like 15 years. 15 YEARS! Yikes. Well, I didn't actually buy my own and smoke regularly until I was 17-18 so maybe 12 years. Either way, it's time to stop! Wish me luck, it's not going to be easy. I think the reason I have a hard time quitting is because I tell myself I CAN'T smoke. Maybe if I tell myself that I can still do whatever I want, and just say "I don't FEEL like smoking right now", that will work. Maybe? We'll see I guess.

What else can I talk about. Oh my obsession right now with BBC America. Martini just laughs at me when she sees all the shows I have Tivo'd. I just LOVE AbFab and was SO excited to see that it was on the air and that we had access to the channel. So I started recording it, and it was like drugs. That led to watching What Not to Wear (which remains my favorite), Green Wing, Ed vs Spencer, then My Family (kinda dorky show but I like it), Graham Norton (I love him!), Coupling and The Office. It was very interesting to see the Brittish "The Office". I stupidly did not know at first that we copied it. I absolutely LOVE our version of it (with Steve Carell - he's hilarious) so I just HAD to see the original. It was cool to see where the characters originated from. It was odd to see different names, but I think we did an okay job with our version. And it was nice to see Coupling too. We tried a version of it here, and it bombed for some reason. But the BBC one is hilarious.

Okay can you tell I'm obsessed? Geez, I could go on and on. So now that everyone has EVIDENCE of how much of a DORK I am, I will shut up. Wish me luck that something exciting happens tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

jyny said...

Too bad we don't have a dollar for every time we have tried to stop...